Associate Quality Designer
Associate Quality Designer (Contractor)
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Associate Quality Designer is responsible for overseeing a wide range of tests to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and objectives, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of targeted test items. This position serves as the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
The Associate Quality Designer champions best practice and innovation in testing, playing a vital role in ensuring testing practices or processes are up-to-date, accurate and forward thinking. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with Project Managers, Quality Designers and Analysts to help define and deliver the quality verification test strategy.
• Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being within your responsibility from both a QV Team perspective as well as for the external developing studios.
• Have a solid knowledge of the database and test methodology in order to relevantly detail the test approach as well as respond to any database items for other EA Groups and external developing studios.
• Collaborate with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for innovative new data tracking ways in order to support evolvement within the existing QV test practices.
• Identify, remedy and quantify gaps in functional and non-functional requirements to reduce the cost of change later during project lifecycle.
• Utilize existing risk-based strategy within area or domain environment and apply established tactics towards introducing efficiency into test methodology.
• Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative and design feedback, technical solutions prior to integration from a player perspective as well as pinpoint relevant problematic situations from both a production perspective as well as an end user one.
• Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain while also being the main driver in the process of gathering design information and updates from the external development studio .
• Utilize available tools to assist in test execution, from software that enables tests (software development tools), organizes tests (test management software), captures test results (logs, telemetry, video, images, etc.), to defect-tracking to capture results.
• Execute the proposed test approach for your area of influence, coordinate with other team members as needed to ensure tests are executed effectively and efficiently and implement test/validation procedures within the said area to validate expected vs actual results.
Experience and Knowledge:
• 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design and execution.
• Strong experience with and knowledge of software test processes, test methodology, test case design, creation and execution.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to communicate in detail with different teams and external developing studios, within and outside of the quality verification team and company.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role/Development Team deliverables at each stage.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team, or alone when necessary.
• Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems, skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions.
• Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with:
• Relevant work experience.
• Avid consumer of various game genres and types, especially games out of the mainstream spotlight.
• Ability to deliver strong qualitative feedback on the title and all its particularities while also being able to deliver strong comparative feedback with other similar relevant titles.
• Strong communication skills through all channels especially with other EA Groups or even external teams.
• Solid understanding of quality assurance principles & practices to be able to detail and explain them to external teams.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law .
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.