Technical Artist - Rigging
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Illuminating the worlds and characters in our games, the EA Create Lighting team is setting new standards in lighting in-game, cinematics and narrative sequences.
We focus on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners, we share a unified passion for creating outstanding visuals. We are adventurous, creative, courageous and we take chances. We are looking for pioneers who cut new paths.
• Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
• Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
• Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
• Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
Required Technical Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
• Have shipped titles as a lighting artist with 5+ years' experience in software game development
• Build lighting in game engine with different lighting passes such as direct and indirect lighting passes for exterior and interior in large scale maps
• Identify lighting issues and apply fix on lightmapped and vertex lit geometries
• Work lighting knowledge of Maya, or other commercial 3D packages
• Edit images in mainstream software such as Photoshop
• Experience with portrait lighting, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
• Knowledge of colour theory, composition, light, and form
• Work from reference materials and concept
• Create polygonal modelling, and texture UV is considered an asset
• You should work well within a team and pipelines
• You will provide high-quality work
• You can receive feedback and adapt to it
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.