Associate League Operations Manager - Apex Legends
Guildford, United Kingdom
Associate, League Operations Manager – Apex Legends CGE
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We are growing our team that inspires competitive gaming for Apex Legends globally. We are looking for passionate, determined, and humble individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the esports industry. Together we will inspire the world to play competitively and make stars of our players and teams. An essential part of the team is the Associate, League Operations Manager. You will contribute to projects that shape Apex Legends' competitive gaming success. Your collaborative mindset will help build partnerships to ensure that all tournaments run smoothly. You'll join a tightly integrated team that crafts strategies to grow the business and focus on what drives player and viewer engagement.
• You will report to the Senior Manager, League Operation and will work as part of the League Operations team to help deliver online and in-person Apex Legends competitions.
• You will help manage third-party tournament operators that help us create unforgettable event experiences for our players and fans.
• You will provide real-time player support and front-line technical support to competitors via voice and text chat during online competitions and in-person at our live events.
• You will help develop our tournament structure, competitive ruleset, and help administer player discipline, often making critical decisions on contentious disputes.
• You will help install and tear down gaming technology (computers, consoles, monitors, peripherals, etc.) during in-person competitions.
• You will take the lead in the creation and distribution of vital tournament documentation. This may include tournament schedules, travel sheets, floor plans, and other operational processes.
• You will organize the collection and handling of eligibility forms, team contracts, player contact information, winner's lists, and other necessary tournament documentation.
• You will make it your mission to protect the player experience, both in-person and remotely, during our competitions.
• You will partner with EA's Content & Production team and other third-party production partners to ensure they have access to the required tournament information (stats, schedules, updates, etc.), allowing them to create extraordinary live broadcasts.
• You will support the planning, design, and testing of our internal tournament management tools, public-facing competition website, and competitive-focused in-game features.
• You will have 1+ years' esports experience working in League Operations, Community Management, or Player Relations at a tournament organizer, AAA games publisher, or professional esports team
• You will have demonstrated empathy for the competitive player experience
• Enthusiasm to build relationships
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritise workloads
• Willingness to work on-call, on weekends, and travel internationally
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Passion for Apex Legends and Competitive Gaming.
• Knowledge of worldwide esports industry trends, programs, and best practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw71nn-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.