Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content, and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices, and personal computers.
At EA, we thrive on bold thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers-it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
SEED and the Challenge Ahead
SEED is an innovation and applied research hub in EA Worldwide Studios. We bring together world-class talent and experts to explore, build, and help define the future of interactive entertainment. Our work combines creativity with state-of-the-art technologies.
We deliver and foster innovation through research, prototypes, exploration, and integration with game teams. Our bedrock is never-ending curiosity. We collaborate with industry partners, and we publish and present our research within our industry and to the public. Our recent work includes: bringing digital humans and characters to life; using machine learning for game AI and testing; and developing novel real-time graphics and physics techniques.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to work closely with our researchers and developers to help build technology to create game worlds of the future.
What does a Technical Artist do at SEED?
• Act as a forward-thinking artist with a strong technical background in video game art
• Explore the boundaries of real-time visuals
• Develop new approaches to enable the creation of massive and detailed next-generation game worlds at scale, quality, and ease
• Explore with curiosity the next-generation characters, realistic physical simulations, and other aspects that bring game worlds to life
• Bring new ideas to the table, and discuss how we can solve some of the hardest challenges in video game content creation
• Work with game teams and central technology groups to understand needs and collaborate with engineers in overlapping areas
• From time to time, you may be asked to contribute your work directly to the games being developed
With your cross-disciplinary knowledge of the latest advances and best practices for art creation, you will be a key contributor in the realization of our projects!
• Experience with content creation: environments, characters, and simulation
• A sensibility for aesthetics and visual quality
• Knowledge of either Maya, 3D Studio Max, or Blender
• Knowledge of Houdini, Substance, or other procedural tools
• Knowledge of Python
• Some experience with a game engine: Unity, Unreal, others
In addition, you are well-acquainted with current content creation challenges, and as a creative and inventive person you are able to think about new and different ways of creating game art. Inspired by the fusion of technology and art, you want to create beautiful and massive worlds without requiring thousands of artists, and therefore might wonder how Machine Learning and alternative content representations can power new and innovative content creation pipelines for next-generation games.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative visual experiences, with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering and content creation. We want passionate, creative, and communicative people. We also expect our employees to be involved and self-driven, and in return we provide great autonomy and true influence.
Does this make you curious? Well, if you want to be part of creating visuals of the future and work with some of the best talent in this field, then SEED is the team for you.
To learn more about SEED and our impactful work, check out https://seed.ea.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r117kx-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.