Character Concept Artist
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our four guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The Challenge ahead
The art director oversees the visuals of a full project or a specific aspect. This includes the aesthetic look and the team of artists that creates the content. Reports directly to the Head of Content, and the Creative Director or Sr AD as the day-2-day manager on the project.
We would like our Art Directors to have:
• Worked on multiple titles, most likely with 8+ years experience.
• A broad understanding for everything visual. This includes other media and a range of techniques.
• Led a large team of artists, likely in the 30-70 range. This includes mentoring of several sub-leads.
• Set the art direction for the title or your responsibilities. Develop the style and tone together with other directors.
• Lead the art team to success. The market is always changing and we must achieve inspiring experiences that can wow our players.
• Provide feedback to the artists, with a focus on artistic execution.
• Maintain a well working and healthy team.
• Convey and champion the art direction to marketing and external partners.
What an Art Director does at DICE
• Compile or produce reference material that guides the artists in their work.
• Make presentations regarding art direction, process, goals and results.
• Take part in creating plans for tasks, staffing, timelines and budgets.
• Provide feedback to artists and external partners. This can be verbal or written, but visual sketches, paint-overs or mock-ups are even better.
• Review the in-game experience together with other directors, producers and leads.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees' with occupational pension.
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.
• EA promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.