Associate Reverse Engineer - Security Team
The Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team ensures that all EA products are developed with the security and gameplay integrity of our players as a top priority. We partner with both platform development teams and game studios to ensure that security and gameplay integrity issues are identified and resolved throughout the application and service lifecycle.
We are looking for an Anti-Cheat Quality Assurance Engineer to help assert Electronic Arts' games as best-in-class in game security and integrity. Your primary responsibilities will include the automation of and testing against cheats that we protect our games from today as well as the development of test cases to prepare mitigations for the problems of tomorrow.
The Anti-Cheat Quality Assurance Test Engineer performs a vital role in technology development: developing automation tools and test pipelines, testing and analyzing against expected and unexpected environments, and recording of flaws and bugs to ensure a high-quality bar in our technology. We are looking for a QA Engineer that tests the effectiveness of our Anti-Cheat technology against both known and new cheats in different platform environments. You will also develop new test cases and automation for undetected bypasses and exploits, as well as ensure backward compatibility.
You're a great team player and are passionate about the effectiveness of our Anti-Cheat tools to ensure a better gameplay experience for our players.
• Develop automation and tools for our internal anti-cheat technologies for the prevention and detection of cheats.
• Develop and implement test cases for new industry cheat-related threats to prepare mitigations for unhandled exploits and bypasses.
• Develop tools and test EA's anti-cheat technology for performance, expected behavior and stability in a variety of different environments and platforms.
• Expertise in C++
• Experience in requirements gathering, documentation, and implementation of test plans
• Solid Knowledge of Windows APIs
• Experience working with or familiarity with the external security researching community, game cheat community, and/or identifying and leveraging cheats in games
• Experience in analyzing software behavior and API calls
• Solid scripting experience in Python or similar
• Knowledge of Windows Kernel internals
• Experience in reverse engineering malware
• Experience with obfuscation/encryption technologies
• Experience with anti-tamper technologies
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.