What an AI Engineer does at DICE:
AI engineers work primarily with the DICE AI team, which consists of both designers and engineers, in a structured and iterative process - taking a hands-on role in creating, developing and implementing technologies all about player-first fun. This includes the whole range of AI behaviors from small details in how AIs move and react, up to high level strategy and group behaviors.
You will also work alongside other gameplay and engine teams, making sure the AI interfaces with the rest of the game well and is highly performant. There are plenty of opportunities to share tech between game teams at EA studios and there is plenty of knowledge and experience to leverage from other AI engineers within EA.
• Work as part of our engineering team where you'll develop and specialise your programming skills, learning to turn ideas into implementations that ship in games
• Empower designers to be able to iterate their ideas in software
• Collaborate daily with other engineers in other departments to deliver amazing features
• Implement, test, and maintain reliable and efficient code
• Great C++ knowledge
• A strong desire to work on and constantly improve our AI behaviors and systems
• Experience with object-oriented design principles
• Experience in creating scalable data-driven features
• A passion for bringing new ideas to the studio and a will to constantly evolve as a software engineer to bring high-quality entertainment for our future titles
• To care about collaboration and working as part of a team
• Shipped at least one title working within the field of game AI
• Interest/experience in machine learning and reinforcement learning
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.