Game Design Director - EA Sports
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Activities Designer - SKATE
''This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.''
We are looking for an Activities Designer to join the Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. In this role you will design and implement compelling in-game challenges, events, and activities.
The ideal candidate has experience designing and scripting game systems. You have working knowledge of game design theory. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities. You have the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work. You should be able to work independently and be comfortable with taking direction and critique on your designs and implementations.
What you'll do :
• Prototype engaging and innovative experiences for a broad spectrum of playstyles and meta features
• Create clear and concise documentation and presentations as a focal point for teamwork
• Communicate with artists, engineers, and other designers to ensure quality and depth in your designs
• Collaborate with a UX/UI team to bridge gameplay vision with player experience expectations
• Work closely with production to balance scope and capacity with feature quality
• Address bugs and gameplay issues to assure a stable and polished product
What you bring
• Experience in a game design role, ideally in a cross-disciplinary context
• Ability to be flexible and curious about a wide range of design space
• Visual and/or code-based scripting experience in a design role
• 1+ shipped/live titles in a game designer role
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Solid grasp of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement innovative ideas based on analytics, data, and research
• Familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
• Passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
As a solution-oriented designer, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By leveraging real player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver an engaging overall experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.