Talent Agency Assistant - Television Scripted
Los Angeles, CA
As Team Assistant, Content & Commercial Strategy you will be part of the team responsible for ensuring that Discovery+ has the content it needs to be successful and for working with enterprise partners to gain broad distribution, awareness, and uptake of the app. The right person for this role is passionate about unscripted content, highly organized, and hungry to learn.
• Manage calendars and schedule internal and external meetings
• Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and expense reports
• Ensure all day to day operations of the Content & Commercial Strategy team run smoothly
• Organize team and department meetings, and run logistics of meetings as needed
• Create PowerPoint presentations for the Executive and team
• Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned
• Arrange presentations and conferences, coordinate equipment needs, compile and distribute materials, etc.
• Act as administrative liaison to department staff, internal partners, vendors, and consultants
• Respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority
• Supporting the DTC content team as a whole, including partnerships team as needed
• Assist with the overflow work from executive assistant when needed
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
• 2 years' work experience at an agency, management company, or streaming/ technology company preferred
• Keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, strong follow-through
• Demonstrated good judgement, strong critical thinking skills, and developed taste for a broad variety of unscripted content
• Self-starter, takes initiative; proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
• Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, and Sheets)
• Collaborative, curious, resourceful
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.