Specialist - People & Culture Operations
Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative, and fluid industries, a role within Discovery's Product and Tech organization offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of Discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real-life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the US on January 4, 2021.
As content creators in the digital space, we're building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate, and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it and that's where we come in! Discovery's Talent Acquisition team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring recruiters who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, expert relationships managers who are well networked and up to date on industry innovations. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
As a Senior Recruiter on our DTC team, you'll have one of the most exciting recruitment roles in the industry! You will execute effective recruiting strategies through advanced relationship management, drive processes and utilize key market insights to influence and lead search strategy. You will act as a talent advisor and thought leader to our business partners, and offer a great experience to candidates and hiring managers.
• Effectively partner with hiring leaders to plan and execute innovative search strategies to hire for technical positions across Discovery's Direct to Consumer business
• Effectively partner with sourcing team to ensure innovative research & sourcing methods are in place to hire for niche technical roles
• Own and drive the full life cycle recruitment process including position kickoff, candidate generating, technical evaluation, final interview loop, debrief and offer negotiation
• Manage agency/vendor relationships
• Maintain data, workflow, and process integrity
• Utilize key market insights to o influence important decisions regarding the direction of the search strategy
• 5+ years of relevant technical full life cycle recruiting experience required.
• Experience conducting talent-related research or talent sourcing in either a corporate setting, through an agency, or with a research firm.
• Proven ability to utilize innovative sourcing methods to attract and engage with a diverse pool of niche technical talent.
• Proven ability to discover, organize and present relevant market data to plan sourcing strategies and influence key decisions.
• Proven ability to drive process and use a solutions-driven approach to the work.
• Proven ability to effectively manage relationships across all levels of the organization.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d931j4-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.