Los Angeles, CA
Audio Vault Coordinator
Audio Vault Coordinators ensure that client elements at Deluxe's Hollywood location are securely received, stored, shipped, and their movements tracked.
Vault personnel are responsible for logging all elements into the company's proprietary database with the highest attention to detail and accuracy. This position is responsible for organizing the storage of these assets, pulling them as needed for production work, and shipping them offsite once work is completed.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Dispatch couriers to pick up physical media, documents, and supplies as requested.
• Take responsibility for secure receipt of all incoming shipments and provide signature as proof of receipt.
• Accurately match shippers to goods received.
• Promptly notify account representatives of the receipt of incoming media.
• Perform virus scan of incoming hard drives.
• Distribute incoming mail/packages to staff.
• Accurately log metadata of incoming physical media into the Deluxe 4D inventory system and barcode elements on the day of receipt.
• Shelve, re-shelve, shift, and re-pack physical media including, but not limited to film, video tape, and hard drives.
• Guarantee the accurate tracking and shelf location of all in-house physical media.
• Locate elements using Deluxe 4D inventory system for clients, staff, and other Deluxe business units.
• Securely pull physical media in a timely manner for production use and return elements to vault storage when their use is complete.
• Keep onsite vault organized and retain space for incoming elements.
• Maintain leased offsite vaults and keep organized to maximize efficient use of space.
• Conduct periodic audits of all vault elements to maintain accuracy of database.
• Responsible for the security of all outgoing media.
• Pull elements for delivery and arrange for dispatch of couriers or overnight shipments with preferred vendors.
• Hazardous material shipping (nitrate film).
• De-leader film elements prior to shipment as needed.
• Label Deluxe-made elements as needed.
• Perform quality control check on Deluxe-made labels created by other departments.
• Destroy elements as requested by account representatives.
• Assist Audio Studio Operations with asset returns to clients.
• Learn and keep up-to-date on all work instructions, vault security procedures, and policies.
• Compose articulate, accurate, and timely e-mail correspondences.
• Answer phones and contact staff and clients concerning receipt, vaulting, and shipment of physical media.
• Individual will deal directly with employees in every department; all departments will use the information organized by this individual, and this information will have a direct effect on how work is scheduled and completed.
• Interact with clients onsite.
• Maintain tidy, organized workspace as it is visible to all guests, clients, and staff.
• Some physical labor required.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
• 6 months–2 years of experience in a post-production environment is preferred.
• Education and/or experience in post-production are required.
• Familiarity with the different types of film and tape based media is preferred.
• Familiarity with video frame rates (PAL, NTSC NDF, and NTSC DF) and audio speed is preferred.
• Familiarity with the mac operating system is preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Must have the ability to make decisions independently and also the ability to contribute to a team.
• Must have a professional attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers.
• Must be able to take and follow directions from department supervisor.
• Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and computer skills a must.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and have superior attention to detail.
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs.
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Experience in multimedia, software and/or creative production environment preferred.
• Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software).
• Strong organizational skills and computer skills are required.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.