Unreal FX Artist (Method Games)
Method Games is currently looking for a talented Unreal FX Artist to join our Vancouver team!
In this role, you will:
• Manage software and tools development;
• Critique artists' work;
• Use tools and software developed in-house, proprietary tools, or off-the-shelf software, render photo-realistic FX for games;
• Be adept at balancing the creation of final renders for shots with building/maintaining systems for creating shots
• Work within the Method Games pipeline and publish tools and scripts as prescribed;
• Manage disc space to fit within quota;
• Create systems that minimize render times;
• Follow the creative direction of the production communicated by your supervisors;
• Be adept at balancing creative requests with the resources available;
• Have the ability to work in a team environment under tight deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Minimum three years' experience as a VFX or Games FXTD;
• Expert knowledge of Unreal, including using the tool set to create effects at a high level of quality;
• Knowledge of Houdini;
• Experience working in complex pipelines;
• Good artistic skills;
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas;
• Ability to take directions and adapt to changes;
• Excellence at improvising and problem-solving.
It would also be helpful if you had:
• Tool building and scripting knowledge;
• Knowledge of Nuke and Katana;
• Some scripting skills: Python, hscript, vex, bash;
• Linux experience;
• Computer science degree or some other advanced training.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.