Subtitling Project Coordinator
About the Opportunity
Deluxe Localization is currently looking for a Project Coordinator for our Subtitling Coordination Team in Barcelona.
• Energetic and committed
• BA in Media or Translation (or equivalent), MA in Audiovisual Translation an advantage
• Proven experience in translation, subtitling or project management
• Extensive knowledge of localization
• Background in film or audiovisual production an asset
• Previous experience on cloud-based platforms for localization services an advantage
• Spanish work permit is required
• This position requires be based in Barcelona
• Excellent command of English, other languages an advantage
• Ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to improvise and problem solve under pressure
• Team player
• Good command of Microsoft Windows systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google G-Suite
Overview of responsibilities:
• Set up, oversee and uphold the coordination of the end-to-end production lifecycle of subtitling projects in our proprietary cloud-based platform for localization services.
• Assist in managing customer changes to orders by negotiating deliverable due dates between internal departments, balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations.
• Collect and keep track of all materials needed to begin work (i.e. scripts, videos, etc.).
• Efficiently distribute and smartly allocate work by email and our proprietary platform to freelance translators worldwide for trailers, bonus material, episodics, documentaries and texts produced by Deluxe clients.
• Track the process of projects and communicate with account managers for status updates.
• Liaise with client representatives to create and/or approve translations where necessary.
• Coordinate with colleagues from worldwide production departments on workflow.
• Ensure that all client specifications have been respected.
• Ensure that translators follow established language rules and respect all set procedures according to each type of project.
• Have a good knowledge of client-specific guidelines and ensure that client expectations are met.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on time to the account managers, strictly respecting the deadlines set by the clients.
• Proactively identify potential issues/problems with projects in process, formulate response and solutions.
• Assist with coordination of redeliveries and rejections.
• Assist in identifying causes of redeliveries/rejections, in completing Corrective Action Reports when applicable, and in proposing solutions.
• Assist in identifying the need for new procedures and contribute to updating existing procedures for own clients to improve quality of deliverables in the future.
• Assist in maintaining adequate pool sizes of translators.
• Provide technical feedback to translators.
• Ability to provide good user support via email keeping time zone and cultural differences and nuances in mind.
• Escalate production issues to the Lead or Manager.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6x98n-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.