Jr. Graphic Artist
Sr. Graphic Artist
The Sr. Graphic Artist oversees the creation and quality control over various media assets.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
The Sr. Graphic Artist will be required to create 2D/3D foreign-versioned titles, animate and composite them for the major film studio's Theatrical, Trailer, Promo, VOD and Home Entertainment releases . Producing bespoke title recreation indistinguishable from the original version. This position is located in Burbank, California and reports into the Producer of Digital FX.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Extensive typographic work, including researching and formulating title design templates and layouts for use within Art Dept.
• Compliance with Account Management/Internal Producers in channeling pre-approved designs to clients.
• Compositing and animation of graphics for re-versioning of Theatrical, Trailer, Promo, VOD and Home Entertainment releases.
• Building composition projects with all the relevant source backgrounds and artwork.
• Create multiple formats for output; including 2D & Stereoscopic 3D, Digital Cinema, Film-out and HD deliverables.
• Maintaining internal schedule of all creative projects. Ensuring that all Work Orders are updated and completed.
• R&D specific effects and fonts related to titles received, keeping up to date with latest trends and styles within the industry.
• Deliver final shots and sequences that are creatively and technically industry leading.
• Archiving / housekeeping of all design projects.
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures.
What You Bring
• Minimum of 5+ years' production experience working in the Film or Broadcast Industry as a motion graphic artist
• Expert knowledge of software common to print, post-production and graphics industries most notably Maxon Cinema 4D and the Adobe Suite
• A strong grasp of typography, identifying fonts and type design
• Experience in project management and meeting tight deadlines
• Must be able to make creative/artistic decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to work quickly and independently, anticipating, recognizing and resolving problems with minimal supervision.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and strong attention to detail.
• Prior experience leading a team preferred
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.