London, United Kingdom
About the Company
Deluxe is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,000 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
• Become a crucial senior part of the audio department along with other mixers and junior members of the team.
• Create master templates for foreign re-versioning that can be distributed around the Deluxe audio network.
• Train and guide junior members of the team in mixing, editing, recording and sound design.
• Liaise with clients via email and face to face meetings when called for regarding technical analysis of mix projects.
• Carry out foreign version mixing in theatrical and episodic formats for a wide range of major clients to 5.1, 7.1, Atmos and home entertainment standards.
• Setup/ recording of Dolby mastering sessions for theatrical and home entertainment Atmos.
• Mix smaller OV projects in theatrical or nearfield rooms.
• Record ADR for both OV and foreign productions.
• Complete sound editing for your own session when in house editors are busy on other projects.
• Liaise with the Studio Manager/ Senior Mixers regarding incoming projects.
• Provide technical support by attending to machine/ amp room errors if tech ops are unavailable to help.
• Create digital and/or physical client deliverables if junior members are unavailable to help.
• Carry out full technical QC of outbound material prior to delivery to clients.
• At least 10 years + experience in a previous mixing role within the theatrical/ home entertainment field.
• Expert Avid Pro-tools knowledge and Mac user experience.
• A strong understanding of post-production sound technology.
• Digital audio workstations experience using the AVID S6/ S3 and D Control/ D Command.
• Machine room knowledge of AVID, Dolby and other outboard gear.
• Microphone setup and recording experience.
• Impeccable time keeping and the ability to work late at short notice is essential.
• This is a client facing role so good communication skills and professionalism are key.
• Accuracy and clarity in both written and verbal communication with meticulous attention to detail.
• A passion for film, TV and music.
• The ability to speak a second language would be advantageous.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight delivery deadlines.
• Strong team player.
• Willingness to learn new technology and take up new responsibilities when necessary.
• Position reports to the Head of Audio - UK
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y9om-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.