The Scheduler in our Transmissions Department oversees our incoming and outgoing hub of digital media specifically for our Localization division. The Scheduler will oversee, prioritize, and schedule daily requests for several Localization departments. Additionally, the Scheduler will coordinate with Client Services to complete daily assignments.
• Oversee, prioritize, and schedule daily Data I/O requests for several Localization departments including Subtitling, Scripting, Audio Description, Audio and Dubbing.
• Ensure all required information is provided by requestor on work order requests as well as facilitate the acquisition of any missing information.
• Responsible for ensuring that unnecessary, duplicate, or expired requests are filtered out of the workorder system.
• Assign work requests to Transmissions Operators in an evenly distributed manner based on quantity and duration of requests.
• Track progress of production requests, be aware of all requested due times and provide real-time updates to requestor, including communicating to requestor if there will be delays beyond the requested deadlines.
• Research and respond to all ETA inquiries from Client Service Teams in Burbank and all foreign offices.
• Assist Transmissions Operators with completing daily job assignments.
• Oversee implementation of new and adjusted workflows related to scheduling assignments
• Coordinate with Client Services to complete daily assignments.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• BA or BS degree preferred.
• At least 6 months of post-production, project management, or translation industry experience preferred, but entry-level candidates will be considered.
• Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, large team environment.
• Must also be able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Must have a professional attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers.
• Must be able to take and follow directions from department supervisor.
• Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and computer skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, inventory, internet, order processing, and database software.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Proven problem solver that can work both independently and present solutions to the team
• Understand digital file transfer using different protocol i.e. Aspera, Signiant, Media Exchange and various client portals. Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud services preferred.
• Working knowledge of various digital audio and video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates.
• Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for PCs and Macs.
• Must be able to follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment.
• Must have the ability to contribute to the team environment.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented.
• Individual must be available to work overtime and/or including weekends.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o9wy-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.