Linguistic Quality Specialist
As a Linguistic Quality Specialist, you will be instrumental in supporting our Linguistic Quality programs and working with a group of specialists to set and execute translator performance strategies.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
The Linguistic Quality team is focused on improving and maintaining the overall quality and versatility of our distributed workforce of linguists and ensuring compliance with client-specific quality program metrics targets and Service Level Agreements. You will collaborate with various teams to implement appropriate corrective actions and monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions over time. With your collaborative spirit, you will maintain a supportive environment for linguistic quality management at scale. This position reports to a Senior Manager, Linguistic Quality.
• Analyze data to interpret and spot translator quality performance trends
• As a Subject Matter Expert, contribute to developing training, instructions and targeted quality programs for our distributed workforce
• Act as a first level of escalation in the Manager's absence
• Monitor client-specific quality metrics and respond to escalations from internal and external sources
• Participate in performing root cause analysis and determining preventive actions
• Participate in creating and documenting departmental processes
• Represent the Linguistic Quality team in global conference calls and projects
• Monitoring and responding to quality escalations from redeliveries, CARs, production teams and translators
• Identify and escalate problematic issues and trends to Linguistic Quality management
• Analyze Linguistic Quality metrics and collaborating on initiatives for improvements
• Working with Language Leads and the Training Team to develop freelance translator talent
• Based on trends and performance metrics, make recommendations for linguist participation in or removal from client-specific programs
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
Experience, Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• Degree in Translation, Modern Languages, Localization or equivalent experience
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills and fluency in at least one other language
• A passion for languages and dedication to quality
• An attraction to applying deep critical thinking on difficult problems
• An attraction to analyzing data, creating reports and data-driven insights
• An attraction to performing reviews of workflows and processes and identifying gaps as opportunities for improvement
• Demonstrated ability to provide feedback in a constructive and tactful manner
• The ability to learn quickly and effectively
• The ability to identify risks and effectively communicate them
• The ability to engage with a culturally diverse, distributed team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in prioritizing and working in a fast-paced environment
• Team player, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work under deadline
• Organized, priority-focused, dynamic, independent, resourceful
• Mastery of Microsoft Office or Google Suite
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.