The English Subtitling team is focused on creating English templates for translation of subtitles and creating English subtitles and closed captions for the hard of hearing. As an English Subtitler, you will be responsible for transcribing English dialogue for a variety of streaming and broadcast clients. With your impeccable English writing skills, passion for entertainment media content, attention to detail and sensitivity to viewer experience, you will ensure all deliverables adhere to company and client specifications and industry best practices You will collaborate with global teams on initiatives to improve end-to-end workflows and manage quality. This role is remote and will require weekend coverage on Saturdays or Sundays.
• Transcribe dialogue for English closed captions and subtitles for the hard of hearing in a one-step process to create a final deliverable
• Fact-check and verify key names and phrases, ensuring consistency and accuracy
• Perform full linguistic Quality Control (QCs) of transcribed English subtitles and closed captions
• Work with global subtitling teams to ensure client expectations for quality and on-time delivery are met
• Provide constructive feedback to English editors
• Support root cause analysis for English quality issues
• Provide support for other product lines such as English templates, dialogue lists and spotting lists as needed
• Testing and debugging of proprietary software
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Translation, Creative Writing or relevant equivalent experience
• 1-2 years of experience transcribing or conducting Quality Control of English subtitles and captions
• English native speaker or ILR Level 5 proficiency
• Exceptional audio sensitivity – ability to understand a variety of English accents, including regional accents from the US, UK, Australia and other English-speaking regions
• A passion for global cinema and television
• The ability to exercise critical thinking and analysis while working with creative content
• Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize tasks and make sound judgment calls while working under deadline
• Well-rounded knowledge of historical and contemporary events, cultural references, slang, idiom
• The ability to identify risks and effectively communicate them
• The ability to engage with a culturally diverse, distributed team
• Mastery of Microsoft Office or Google Suite
• Background in audiovisual and film production an asset
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zbw3-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.