Moving Picture Company
Editorial Manager, Scripting
As the Editorial Manager, Scripting, you will direct editors and their training with the primary focus of maintaining and improving the editorial quality and capacity of Scripting. You will accomplish this by collaborating with Managers, Scripting and Scripting Manager, leveraging technology, developing and maintaining functional metrics, and building relationships with key stakeholders throughout Deluxe's global team, including: Creative Localization, Subtitling, Product, IT, HR Business Partners, and Supplier Recruitment.
• Direct manager of all North American editors (excluding senior editors).
• With assistance from the Scripting Manager and Production Manager, source, train, and onboard freelance resources through collaboration with Supplier Recruitment, IT, and HR Business Partners.
• Supervise and execute/delegate all production-related training, leveraging production staff, Supplier Knowledge, and technology solutions to do this at scale.
• Work with the Production Manager to create, update, and maintain all production-related Scripting documentation, video demos, product templates and training materials.
• Provide feedback to editors on their work and progress during and following training and remain available to answer editorial-related questions for them at any time.
• Work with the Managers, Scripting to determine training gaps and needs, following through with targeted training and refresher sessions for the editors as necessary.
• Editorial work as assigned.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement, including opportunities to optimize workflows and resolve production or customer issues.
• Plan, organize and/or execute a variety of simultaneous, complex, and large scale scripting production projects.
• Be A Leader
• The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse, distributed teams (listen, influence, lead)
• Drive a culture of internal and external collaboration that focuses decision-making on a balance of cost and value.
• Shape daily goals and decisions around long-term strategies and preparing for future problems before they are today's crises.
• Motivate and empower collaborators to execute complex, large scale projects.
• Actively support cultural transformations to make Scripting agile and robust.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Scripting Manager.
What You Bring
• BA/BS Degree in Communication, Production or Post Production Studies or applicable equivalent experience
• 1-2 years experience in managing complex projects
• 2-3 years of scripting experience
• Experience with team supervision and training
• Experience working with large globally distributed teams
• Deep understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
• Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
• Preferably have an attraction to applying critical thinking to difficult problems
• Preferably have the ability to present and explain complex ideas in a way that produces understanding and engagement
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91ev7-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.