Data Management Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Deluxe Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
In this role you will be working as part of a team working in a busy environment responsible for a variety of tasks including;
• Content review and quality checking a wide variety of materials.
• Creation and distribution of short form Prores master files and downstream deliverables for quality check and subsequent global distribution
• Checking specifications of audio and full feature conform checking in preparation for delivery to Digital Cinema Mastering for creation of Digital Cinema Packages
• Frame rate conversions, audio retiming, pitch correcting and audio finessing to ensure audio files are fit for purpose
• Creation of full feature and trailer Digital Cinema Package's to DCI standards
• Creation of proxy reference files of trailers and features for internal and external use
• Censor cut editing ranging from hard cuts to advance audio cuts and pan & scans.
You will need a good understanding of the technical aspects of the various deliverable and downstream specifications and be enthusiastic about evolving and adapting these to our clients needs. You will be using both industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard.
This role reports into the Head of Content Services and Trailer Mastering
• To deliver a high quality of service to both internal and external clients.
• Adherence to Clients and industry standard technical specifications and keeping up to date with industry advancements on the procedures required for compliant delivery.
• Creating all associated paperwork.
• Feedback to Account Managers where further information or detail is required.
• Update the Engineering department on any issues that may affect operational efficiency. (e.g. equipment maintenance required)
• Working with and liaising with other internal departments.
• Direct correspondence and responsibility for delivery of content to internal and external departments.
• Help develop and refine departmental procedures and look to improve standard practices in this challenging and constantly changing market.
• Completion of ad-hoc project work as specified by your Head of department and Senior technicians.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of respective developments in film technologies.
• Act as an ambassador for the Company.
Picture and Audio editing, transcoding / encoding, sound syncing and colour conversion experience is required for this role and a solid knowledge of Film & Digital file formats is necessary.
The role will involve working with some of the latest technology including primarily Media Enocder, Da Vinci Resolve, Cipher, Final Cut Pro, ProTools, Transkoder and DVS Clipster hardware and software. Familiarity with these or comparable systems is essential.
Successful candidates will have experience within a similar post production finishing environment and be used to working to tight deadlines whilst producing high quality work. Working knowledge of editing and encoding/transcoding systems both industry standard or bespoke systems is essential.
QC experience would be an advantage.
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of project management and project delivery is essential
• Ability to deal with a high standard of productivity
• Good understanding of technical software and related systems
• Strong IT literacy
• Ability to follow and manage workflows
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
• Ability to prioritise, manage orders and work to strict deadlines
• Good trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Methodical approach to work
• Polite and professional with a positive and optimistic approach
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain focus.
• Ability to make clear and accurate decisions
• Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
• Flexible with the ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
• An understanding of film post production and associated technologies.
• Positive attitude with an energetic approach
• Willingness and aptitude to learn
• Willing and able to trouble shoot complex problems
• Good communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and build credible relationships.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnyyj-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
About the Company
Deluxe is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,000 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com