London, United Kingdom
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
The London office is seeking a highly organised and motivated Assistant to work within the TV department. The department is comprised of one Non-Scripted Agent & an Assistant, two Scripted Agents, two Coordinators, and one Comedy Agent. This Assistant will work across the Scripted desk.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm and interest in popular entertainment. A passion for television, film, theatre and comedy both in the UK and abroad. They should be highly motivated, quick-thinking and entrepreneurial: proactively recommending new ideas for projects; finding and distributing useful articles and background trade information; sourcing new writers, projects and potential areas for research for the Agents' consideration.
The Assistant will be responsible for administrative duties including a high volume of phone calls, coordination of a continuously, very high volume of meetings and schedules - including foreign business trips, preparing expense reports, and personal assistance as needed. They will also be expected to do some degree of industry research and evaluation in consultation with the Scripted Agents.
The role also requires reading a high volume of scripted material, and a keen interest and capacity to do so is key. They should also be extremely organised, have the ability to multi-task and be able to cope very well under pressure.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is vital, as well as the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
• Fluency in a second language is preferred but not essential.
• Strong writing skills, and a good knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook, are essential.
• Must have a professional telephone manner.
• Existing knowledge of the UK TV Industry would be an advantage.
• Must be passionate about TV/Entertainment and have a desire to progress in this type of role.
• Some relevant industry experience in a similar capacity would be preferred.
• The candidate must be able to commit to the working hours of 10am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.