Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game publishers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
HERE'S WHAT AWAITS YOU IN THIS JOB:
As a UX Designer, you'll be asked to contribute to the creation of a top-quality user experience for our players. You will achieve this objective by promoting an approach centered around the user, based on human psychology principles user observations (user tests) and graphic design guidelines.
You'll have to ensure that the experience and immersion of the user are aligned with the game design intents. Plus, you'll oversee the identification of potentials friction points related to ergonomics or player communication, both from a visual and functional standpoint. You will be responsible for coming up with potential solutions to those issues.
YOU'LL NEED TO:
• Analyze the game's UI/UX needs based on the type of user, game direction, market trends and industry standards and adapt it to find the right balance between innovation and conventions;
• Develop various game UI elements (HUDs, tutorials, menus…) while working closely with the UI and Design teams in a Wireframe form;
• Design the structure and user flow of interface elements while ensuring a good information hierarchy and a quality player communication;
• Document systems related to interfaces and user experience (UX) for the development team;
• Test various possible options of game UI elements by creating functional prototypes;
• Ensure to implementing and integrating some functionalities in-game;
• Work closely with UI Designers and Programmers to ensure the quality of the product;
• Participate actively in build reviews and iterate quickly based on the feedbacks.
• Graduated or experienced: You have a Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, in Interaction Design or any relevant field. You have experience in game development as UX Designer or equivalent (asset);
• Competent: You are efficient and work meticulously. You have a great understanding of the technical constraints of game development (including game engines and game editors) (asset) ;
• Informed: You've kept up with the latest innovations in UX and you make it your business to stay up to date. You also are more than aware of the latest gaming trends. You follow the Call of Duty series closely and you understand its essence (asset);
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.