Quebec City, QC
(English version below)
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Overtime paid 1.5x hourly wage
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
Your first objective will be to develop systems to manage the structure and display of the game data. To do so, you will have the opportunity to develop Backend as well and Frontend code. Your core objective will be maintaining good communication to ensure collaboration with your partners whether in your direct team or within other UI departments (Design, Art and Scripting).
Furthermore, you will develop functionalities to ease the use and enhance the flexibility of the UI systems. Finally, you will be participating to Design discussions to determine which are the best available solutions we possess to obtain a quality UI in the allotted time.
• Efficiently write the Lua and C++code that controls the frontend, in-game UI and flow;
• Use the internal tools to build menu structures and implement the creative vision for the UI;
• Fix bugs in all aspects of UI development with the help of QA and production;
• Develop tools and components for use by other members of the UI team;
• Develop an expert understanding of the internal UI development tools;
• Be an active participant in the UI design of the game as the technical side of the UI team.
• Review the code of his colleagues to ensure a quality code;
• Share knowledge and discoveries with the rest of the team.
• College Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Programming, Multimedia Integration or any relevant field;
• Experience with languages such as Lua, C++, C, Python and C#;
• Interest in expanding knowledge of different game technologies and systems;
• Ability and interest to work alongside a team of creative individuals to create compelling and engaging interfaces;
• Excel working under the pressure of deadlines while maintaining focus on shipping the product;
• Positive attitude and good adaptability;
• Good communication skills in English and in French;
• Passion for video games;
• Perk: Prior experience in a creative and/or artistic environment;
• Perk: Experience with any game engine;
• Perk: Participation and delivery of at least 1 project in the video game industry;
• Perk: Graphic design skills and artistic sense;
• Perk: Solid working knowledge of Lua.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8e9e-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.