Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
As a System Designer, you will work closely with the leading Call of Duty studios, such as Infinity Ward and Treyarch. In this capacity, you will be required to:
• Analyze gaming systems, make necessary adjustments and ensure their proper functioning
• Ensure the integration of the different concepts relating to the systems and mechanics
• Participate in setting up prototypes
• Write English documents explaining the game concepts and technical specs
• Clearly communicate the appropriate information about the gaming systems and design to the entire team
• Work closely with programmers to guide the development of game mechanics
• Optimize the settings to ensure the best gaming experience
• Be proactive in suggesting improvements.
• Minimum three years of experience designing video games, or other relevant experience
• Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
• Fluent in the use of Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Keen interest in military culture
• Bilingual (English/French)
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
• Active listening and responsiveness to criticism
• Passion for gaming
• Extensive knowledge of shooting games (FPS) an asset
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.