Quebec City, QC
(English version below)
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Overtime paid 1.5x hourly wage
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
Your mission will be to collaborate with the other members of your multidisciplinary team to implement game features and game logic using various tools and script languages. You will also be required to optimize and champion best practices in your field of expertise to facilitate efficiency and cooperation. You will participate in conceptualizing products and enhancing development processes.
• Work with teammates with varying areas of expertise on everything from design to implementation of such elements as user interface and game mechanics, as well as integration of animation, sound and special effects;
• Strive to actively improve team productivity and game quality by identifying and resolving technical issues;
• Be the team's technical go-to person;
• Contribute to advancing the design department's technical skills by setting the bar for scripting;
• Keep skills updated and further your technical knowledge in order to be able to respond efficiently to the production team's needs.
• College or university degree in video game programming, multimedia integration or any other relevant experience in scripting or programming;
• Interested in learning new in-house tools, familiar with video game pipeline development;
• Efficient and organized work habits;
• Aptitude for solving complex problems and finding creative solutions. Enjoys debugging, optimizing and brainstorming;
• Likes a job well done; co-workers don't need to fix his/her mistakes;
• Shows initiative by suggesting improvements that will help boost team efficiency and product quality;
• Accepts criticism and will not hesitate to produce several iterations of a mechanical feature to improve on it. Unfazed by regular change;
• Perk: Familiar with one of these languages: C/C++, Java, SQL;
• Perk: Loves shooting games and the Call of Duty franchise;
• Perk: Development experience for mobile, iOS, Android platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjb5e-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.