Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
As a Scripter, your responsibilities will be to:
• Act as the team's main contact person for the game's technical tasks and scripting
• Develop and test the game's mechanics in cooperation with other departments
• Work actively to improve team productivity and game quality by identifying and resolving technical issues
• Contribute to the advancement of the design department by being a benchmark in the efficient creation of technical content and scripts
• Stay current and upgrade your technical knowledge in order to effectively meet the needs of the production team
• Collaborate with teammates having varied fields of expertise in designing such game elements as interfaces or game mechanics
• A diploma or related experience: You have a college or university diploma in video game programming, multimedia integration or any other relevant experience relating to game scripting or programming
• Passionate: You have a keen interest in all things relating to video games
• Curious: You are motivated by learning the use of new internal tools and you are familiar with the video game development pipeline
• Resourceful: You are able to tackle complex problems and find creative solutions. You enjoy a debugging challenge and racking your brains for answers
• Methodical: You work in an efficient and organized manner. You are known for a job well done the first time. Your co-workers do not need to look over your shoulder and fix mistakes
• Proactive: You take initiative in suggesting improvements to the game and tools that will enhance team performance and product quality
• Open: You are open to criticism and don't hesitate to produce several iterations of a game mechanic in order to improve it. You are not discouraged by regular changes
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.