Artiste Technique - Technical Artist
Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises. With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world.
In addition to continuing to be responsible for the development of Call of Duty: Vanguard on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on exciting, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive compensation
• Generous vacation and time-off policies
• Ample opportunities for internal growth, both in leadership and expertise
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid by the studio
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English lessons
• Gym and physical activities on site
… Plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
Your prime objective will be to develop and optimize the rendering pipeline in the game engine for our mobile (iOS and Android) platforms, using such APIs as Vulkan or Metal. You will ensure the stability and performance of our games.
You will work with our Activision studios partners and promote Beenox's graphical programming expertise. Lastly, you will monitor technological advances and participate actively in continuous improvement initiatives with regard to our graphical rendering.
• Find the best solutions to issues around graphical rendering in games that are currently being developed for mobile platforms;
• Set up rendering systems in keeping with the industry's standards;
• Develop engine modules and tools for groundbreaking graphical rendering;
• Be the content expert for all graphics-related questions;
• Ensure the quality and performance of developed game features;
• Support users of existing features.
• Confirmed experience in graphics programming;
• Proficiency in C, C++ and in shaders (Metal or HLSL);
• Experience of Vulkan or Metal APIs;
• Knowledge of CPU ARM architecture, Android SDK or iOS SDK;
• Positive demeanour and good adaptability;
• Strong French or English, spoken and written;
• Passionate about video games.
• Familiarity with DirectX 12 rendering pipeline;
• Experience in PC and console development.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wqk1-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.