Artiste Technique - Technical Artist
Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Overtime paid 1.5x hourly wage
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
You will be required to create and adapt special effects for our different projects. Your work will add to the atmosphere of levels and support different gameplay elements and the cinematics. You will also work closely with other Activision studios. Lastly, you will contribute to innovations in techniques and processes to improve project quality.
• To create a variety of real-time VFX elements using particles, models, textures, animations and lighting;
• To follow the stated artistic direction as you create realistic effects (explosions, fire, weather effects, etc.)
• To contribute to the game's atmosphere and narration with artistically striking visual effects;
• To optimize the special effects in keeping with the limitations of different development platforms (number of particles, texture resolutions, etc.);
• To determine special effects requirements with the design, audio and artistic teams;
• To work with different departments on integration of VFX features into the game engine;
• To contribute to pipeline development.
• Experience in 3D modeling, textures, lighting or animation;
• Mastery of a game engine's special effects system (Unreal, Crytek, Unity, etc.);
• Good knowledge of Photoshop;
• Comfortable with 3D Studio Max and/or Maya;
• Strong artistic sense;
• Positive attitude, enjoys teamwork;
• Adapts easily to in-house tools and a constantly changing environment;
• Loves video games;
• Perk: Able to fracture-model and create destruction simulations;
• Perk: Knowledge of one or more simulation software programs (Houdini Fx, Thinking Particles, FumeFx, etc.);
• Perk: Comfortable with Substance Designer;
• Perk: Knowledge of Script languages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnq7e-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.