Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game publishers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
• Create a variety of real-time VFX elements with particles, models, textures, animations and lighting effects
• Work within the established art direction to create realistic effects (explosions, fire, magic, weather FX, etc.)
• Contribute to our games' atmosphere and narration with visual effects that distinguish themselves artistically
• Optimize visual effects within the technical limits of the different development consoles (number of particles, textures' resolutions, etc.)
• Identify the visual effects needs with the help of the design, art and audio teams
• Work with other departments to ingrate VFX functionalities in the game engine
• Participate in pipeline, workflow and tool development to improve the FX team's practices
• Experience in 3D modeling, texturing, lighting or animation
• Proficiency in game engine's FX system (Unreal, Crytek, Unity, etc.)
• Good knowledge of Photoshop
• Experienced with 3D studio Max and/or Maya
• Developed artistic sense
• Positive attitude and desire to work on a team
• Ability to adapt to homemade software and to an environment in constant evolution
• Passion for video games.
• Be able to fracture models and create destruction simulations
• Good knowledge of simulation software (Houdini Fx, Thinking Particles, FumeFx, etc.)
• Experienced with Substance Designer
• Good knowledge of scripting languages
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.