Artiste Technique - Technical Artist
Quebec City, QC
(English version below)
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Overtime paid 1.5x hourly wage
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
You will contribute to the creation of unique and realistic environments during the modeling, texturing and rigging stages, using your knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter & Designer and all other software used by the in-house production department.
Your skills will largely influence the levels to which you will be assigned. Decisions are made as a team and the workload is divided according to each member's strengths.
The goal is to surpass visual quality in every project. To enjoy your role, you must view technical issues as opportunities to challenge yourself and learn. You will collaborate with our team of artists, for whom a good work atmosphere is important!
• Join a multidisciplinary team of artists, designers and programmers with the intention of creating the best possible material;
• Model environments in keeping with technical constraints;
• Develop a living environment so realistic, the observer wants to jump right into it;
• Use the appropriate materials or create new ones;
• Ensure that meticulous detail is created for all objects;
• Communicate effectively with the artistic direction team to maintain visual consistency;
• Stay informed of technical advances in order to hone your skills;
• Contribute your views constructively to the team during reviews;
• Perk: Ability to create panoramas (Vista).
• At least one (1) year of experience in a video game studio or its equivalent – and you thrive in this type of environment;
• An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates your mastery of the realist style;
• Knowledgeable about the latest technical developments in which you have expertise and make a point to try them out;
• Autonomous, resourceful, and view each new project as an opportunity to learn new things;
• Familiar with Maya and/or 3DSMax and particularly comfortable using zBrush, Substance Painter & Designer, and Photoshop;
• Motivated by learning new in-house tools and not discouraged by regular change;
• Fluency in spoken and written English and French;
• Perk: Interested in gameplay and knowledge of level design;
• Perk: Delivered at least one (1) video game title;
• Perk: Interested in World Machine and/or Vue
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezko7-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.