Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
Do you love engineering, online/multiplayer technology, games, and working with senior technical staff? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Demonware by the numbers
• 5 Million concurrent online gamers
• 100+ games launched
• 300,000 requests per second at peak
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
Want to be responsible for the awesome gaming experience of hundreds of millions of players? How about working on the networking technology that drives world-renowned games?
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join up with the development team that designs, builds, runs, and evolves our service platform for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles.
The development is geared towards low-latency and large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of concurrently connected users meaning you will have a large impact on the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
Awesome, what will my ''day-to-day'' look like?
• Provide direction and strategy for our platform. Understand what the big picture is and how to get there.
• Own the relationship with internal customers and game studios. Understand their needs and provide an exemplary service personally and through your team.
• Management of goals, performance, and career advancement for direct reports. Holding reports accountable to their expected contribution for their level.
• Provide career direction for reports, helping them establish a personal career path and continuously develop themselves.
• Collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and studios' requirements
• Organize and coordinate team members to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware
• Ensure the software produced by the team achieves the quality bar we expect for our products
• Collaborate with HR and recruitment on various people and recruitment needs
What would you like to see in my background?
• 2+ years of experience in similar leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience may be considered)
• Experience working in a game studio or providing online services to game studios is a plus.
• Ability to engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers.
• Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes abeing on-call.
• Previous experience building and leading high-performing software development teams.
• Expertise in effective project management processes, software development methodologies, and their application.
• Experience developing high performance services at scale.
What's in it for me?
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98k2m-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.