Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
The Engine Programmer will have different objectives related to the game engine.
The first objective of the Engine Programmer will be to allow the game to maximize its graphic capacity for all the different game platforms on which the game will be published;
The second objective of the Engine Programmer will be to support the Art team and drive the development of features and tools related to the Art team needs (shaders, textures, etc.);
The third objective of the Engine Programmer role will be related to the stability and performance of the multiplayer aspect of the game;
Finally, the Engine Programmer will provide technological watch for the programming team for current projects and future projects;
• Ensure the constant evolution of technology associated with different game platforms;
• Develop functionalities of the game engine: graphics, networking, optimization, physics, animation system, APIs);
• Ensure the quality and performance of functionalities that were developed;
• Support users on developed functionalities.
• Strong knowledge of C++ and real-time engines;
• Development experience for console and PC;
• Good analytical skills;
• Autonomy in fulfilments of tasks;
• Capacity to adapt to internal tools and a changing environment;
• Positive attitude and desire to work on a team;
• Passion for video games;
• Very good knowledge of French and English both spoken and written;
• Asset: Knowledge of other languages like C#, Lua and Python;
• Asset: Knowledge of graphics APIs like DirectX, OpenGL et Vulkan.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.