Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
As our Creative Director, you will play an essential role in establishing, expanding, and executing the vision for the Call of Duty franchise. We are looking for a supremely strong communicator in English and a great understanding of French, with a deep passion for first-person shooters, an excellent knowledge of Call of Duty, and can articulate the brand's objectives through high-quality visual content.
You will inspire teammates and shareholders. You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from personally designing features to providing high-level feedback. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position actively partners with a variety of internal and external partners. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated leader.
• Provide high-level vision and guidance, iterative reviews, and promote the project and team;
• Present innovative ideas to drive the project's gameplay and engagement forward;
• Work closely with our internal and external partners to ensure clarity and create excitement;
• Understand new trends driving player expectations and behaviors;
• Guide early prototyping as you push innovation;
• Rally and create visible, wide-spread support for direction;
• Communicate progress and resolution of issues with the ability to set guidelines for peers and support teams;
• Represent game in communications, including delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, corporate partners, and external interviews with media;
• Manage the quality targets and results achieved.
• 10+ years of industry experience working in the field of game design on FPS and AAA titles;
• 5+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design direction;
• Expansive knowledge of game design with additional areas of expertise in art, programming, engine technology, or similar;
• An egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process;
• An ability to break down complex problems into consumable and relevant pieces for others;
• Experience taking major AAA console and PC games from concept to completion;
• Experience designing, launching, monitoring, and evolving a live service title;
• A passion for games with a desire to make an impact at an industry level;
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills in English and in French for working with internal and external teams;
• Perk: Good knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise;
• Perk: Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the F2P games space;
• Perk: Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj81kw-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.