Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game publishers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
Here's awaits you in this job:
As development tester, you will be called upon to be an invaluable ally for the other departments of the studio. You will have to develop a mastery of the content of our games and ultimately know them like the back of your hand!
You will have to work on the test team, and your role will be to contribute to the constant improvement of the gaming experience. You will be able to quickly help the other developers identify problem areas.
Your tasks will include the following:
• Support the development team in reaching its objectives by working closely with team members to check the state of the game
• Verify different elements within the game, including functionality, data content, performance, playability, and hardware/software compatibility
• Identify bugs within a given game, listing them in a database, and then performing the required regression
• Communicate information clearly and in a structured manner to the rest of the team
• Offer support and work collaboratively with designers, artists, programmers, and members of other departments
• Qualified: You have a high school diploma (requirement), or better you have a diploma related to the video game industry (asset).
• Gamer: You know several styles of video games and video game platforms. You are a fan of First-Person Shooter (FPS) and you have mastered the mechanics of this type of game (asset).
• Informed: You are familiar with the video game industry and the video game production pipeline.
• Experienced: You have previous experience in the video game field (asset).
• Perceptive: You have an excellent sense of observation and you are able to analyze what you observe.
• Team player: You are an energetic, enthusiastic, and very determined team player. You like to collaborate with your teammates on the job and you stand out in this type of context!
• Bilingual: You have excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English.
• Technical : You have mastered one of the following tools or have acquired one the following skills (asset):
• 3D modeling software
• Game engines
• Game Design/Level Design
• Artistic sense
• Bug-tracking management system (Jira, Devtrack, etc.)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.