(English version below)
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
As a team leader, you will be involved on several levels, acting as a facilitator at the operational, human and technical levels. While maintaining a good degree of expertise in your field, you will also take care of your employees and support their work during their time with Beenox. Your leadership skills will help your team excel and create the AAA material expected of Activision's franchises. You will also be expected to build and maintain relationships with our various business partners and to serve as a company ambassador.
As Lead Graphics Programmer, your primary mission will be to supervise the development and optimization of the rendering pipeline in the game engine for our mobile (iOS and Android) platforms, using such APIs as Vulkan or Metal. You will oversee your team's output while ensuring the stability and performance of our games. Your team will work with our internal technology and ensure its optimal adaptation onto mobile technology.
• Ensure that deliverables are executed according to the production plan and the programming department's priorities;
• Participate actively in the development of project features;
• Ensure the effective development and optimization of the rendering pipeline in the game engine for mobile technology;
• Resolve technical issues and problems that might slow down production;
• Work actively with our internal and external partners on company projects;
• Ensure that production, other departments and your team communicate well;
• Participate in project planning meetings and in setting priorities.
• Make sure your team members get the training they need for their jobs and that they develop their skills;
• Mentor and guide team members in their career development;
• Meet regularly with each team member;
• Write and conduct performance reviews for your team members;
• Approve work schedules and times sheets;
• Monitor the quality of work being produced by your team;
• Participate in recruitment and hiring for your team.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a programmer in the video game industry;
• Proven experience in graphic programming;
• At least 3 completed major mobile projects;
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills (French and English);
• Excellent understanding of the technical constraints of video games;
• Proficiency in C/C++ and mobile programming;
• Experience with Metal or Vulkan APIs;
• Strong leadership and organizational skills;
• Ability to handle several cases at a time and to delegate tasks;
• Able to deal well with change;
• Perk: Experience managing a programming team.
• Perk: Knowledge of DirectX 12 API.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g41kw7-34-230-9-187-42 in your application.