(English version below)
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Overtime paid 1.5x hourly wage
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus lots of social activities and unforgettable events!
As a Technical Lighting Artist (Mobile), you will work closely with the artistic team and help identify, suggest and implement solutions for the created content. You will work on performance and memory while ensuring an exemplary experience for players.
To succeed in this position, you must be autonomous, organized, proactive and creative in finding solutions. One of your first tasks will be to familiarize yourself with the pipeline and tools already in place. Collaboration with different departments will be crucial to your outcomes. You will also have a significant impact on the entire artistic team and the mobile project.
To thrive in this role, you must see technical constraints as learning opportunities.
• Contribute to the execution and improvement of the pipeline throughout the project; both in terms of lighting and general artistic content;
• Evaluate available technologies and get the most out of them in collaboration with the artists;
• Ensure that the game elements meet the specifications of the various consoles and mobile devices;
• Act as a liaison between the studio's different departments;
• Work with programmers to ensure that the technology functions well;
• Be proactive in resolving technical issues, such as performance problems with mobile devices or the creative pipeline;
• Detect technical bugs and report them to the appropriate persons.
• Present an exceptional portfolio that demonstrates technical mastery;
• Aware of new artistic developments and make a point of trying them out;
• Flexible and can adapt to any kind of development tool;
• Accustomed to working with a game engine;
• Demonstrate passion for helping colleagues achieve results;
• Knows how to organize his/her time and approach colleagues proactively to identify problems that need to be addressed;
• Keen to learn new internal tools and are not discouraged by frequent change;
• Able to look beyond boundaries to find anomalies and make the appropriate corrections;
• Perk: At least one (1) year of experience in a video game studio or any equivalent, and enjoys this type of environment;
• Perk: Knowledge of scripting;
• Perk: Delivered at least one (1) game title.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykxek-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.