Senior Content Acquisition Manager, Latinx Content
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
We are currently seeking an experienced Content Acquisition Manager to join our Prime Video licensing team in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for helping define and execute US-focused content acquisition strategies with major studios, TV network groups and other niche content partners across a variety of business models, including flat fee licensing, pay for performance, and more. Leveraging your experience in both negotiations and content analysis you will work across US content owners to develop new business models and deliver results for both our stakeholders and costumers.
• Negotiate and execute US domestic SVOD content licensing agreements on behalf of Prime Video with major studios, TV network groups and global partners across various business models, including flat fee licensing, pay per hour/pay for performance, and more
• Manage content licensing selection and mix across multiple content categories
• Use data on customer behavior, usage and consumption to inform decision-making for content acquisition and uncover new content genres for customers
• Internally, develop content acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for senior management
• Externally, establish and manage strong relationships with content providers at a senior level
• Develop a deep understanding of financial analysis, content performance forecasting, and technical requirements for video uploads and delivery
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Prime Video to define content strategies and to execute content licensing agreements (e.g., legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
• Maintain a can-do attitude and willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
• 5+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience with SQL
• Experience using Tableau and Excel
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years' experience with quantitative analytics (e.g. ability to use and modify data sets in Excel)
• 3+ years' experience negotiating complex license or business development agreements (end to end strategy development to execution)
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Proven track record demonstrating the ability to negotiate complex license and/or business development agreements
• Experienced with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Experience in content licensing and/or business development experience, internationally
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams.
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with little guidance
• End to end ownership of major project deliverables
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.