Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Director, Human Resources for Activision Blizzard, you will be a strategic business partner, culture carrier, and inspirational pioneer for executive leaders across the Corporate Functions arms; the Offices of the CEO and CFO; and emerging businesses such as Activision Blizzard Esports.
This position requires a data-driven, analytical, collaborative, and influential leader who can work effectively across and through a highly matrixed environment. The Director, Human Resources will partner closely with the Senior Director, Human Resources – Corporate Functions to support Executives and their core leaders to advance people strategies and solutions that are aligned with short and long-term organization and operational goals.
• Provide full-scope HR support to leaders including: executive coaching, employee relations, compensation, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, organizational design, change management, employee communications, and people development
• Partner closely with key executives to advise and coach them on creating, implementing, and driving a talent agenda and strategy for the organization
• Improve organization effectiveness by assisting with the design of new organizations that help Activision Blizzard achieve its vision and corporate strategy
• Drive accountability for execution of HR employee lifecycle processes throughout assigned organizations, including goal setting, performance management, talent planning and annual merit (compensation)
• Collaborate across HR functions (e.g., with Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, etc.) to design and deliver solutions, delegating when appropriate but maintaining accountability for overall HR delivery within assigned organizations
• Act as a catalyst for change: help set direction, provide appropriate resources and manage strong change management and execution plans for organization changes
• Work with leaders and employees to identify, establish, and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, inclusion, and belonging
• Identify levers to develop, align and execute people strategies that may drive employee engagement and retention (e.g. talent assessments, engagement surveys, succession planning)
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or a related discipline required. Advanced degree in Human Resources, MBA, or related field preferred
• 10 years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources, or other highly relevant experience
• Prior consulting (human capital or management) experience strongly preferred, but not required
• Proven track-record building, managing and optimizing a HR function including culture shaping, talent management, talent acquisition, organization design, executive coaching, talent development, change management, compensation, benefits, while maintaining an inclusive, collaborative leadership style
• Demonstrated initiative in a fast-moving environment; proactive problem solver, roll-up-one's-sleeves attitude with a strong work ethic and steadfast integrity
• Proven experience supporting senior executives with the ability to influence and demonstrate executive presence
• Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; unbridled curiosity, passion, and strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risk and challenge the status quo
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Adept communicator and presenter who can tailor messages to a variety of audiences, craft complex communications for all levels within client groups and convey updates and training presentations to small or large groups
• Thorough working knowledge of contemporary HR practices, including (but not limited to): compensation, talent acquisition, talent management and development, organization design and change management
• Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs
• Ability to work independently in ambiguous and uncertain environments
• Ability to build relationships; trusted advocate by leaders, employees, and the business
• Highly collaborative team leader and team player
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Activision's Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d887qq-3-237-48-165-42 in your application.