The Head of External Communications will help execute the external communications strategy by leading the day-to-day media relations, content strategy and social. They will manage all ATVI earned media outreach and be responsible for preparing material to support earned media and executive visibility and will partner closely with Activision Blizzard's global Finance, Investor Relations, Legal, and Corporate Development teams, as well as work closely with the broader Communications and senior management teams to help develop and execute the communications strategy to bring the company's mission and vision to life. They will partner with the VP for Franchise marketing to expand audience reach and platforms used.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience securing earned media with national technology, business or music media. The successful candidate will also have prior management experience, experience and comfort working in a matrixed organization, possess a willingness to put in extra hours when required, be detail oriented – while never losing site of the big picture, and be adept at dynamically prioritizing many high-level projects and delivering them on deadline.
The individual will be a critical member of the Communications department and will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Manage strategic vision across communications function, ensuring alignment and cohesion among employee communications, external communications, speaking opportunities and events
• Drive the Corporate External Communications strategy and planning, including the quarterly earnings reporting process
• Manage financial and investor media relations, serving as primary media spokesperson on behalf of the company
• Cultivate positive relationships with key beat reporters and primary business, consumer and trade outlets covering Activision Blizzard as well as top-tier media
• Develop communication plans, content and collateral, product announcements and updates, crisis and change management messaging and speakers' bureau management
• Manage strategic communications function, ensuring alignment and cohesion among employee communications, external communications, speaking opportunities and events
• Actively pursue and prioritize media opportunities, prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material to promote the company brand among target audiences
• Oversee communications projects, manage production and external vendors.
• Serve as an advisor to senior leadership, broadening our visibility among target audiences
• Build a world-class team to drive success in a high-performance culture
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, driving thoughtful and innovative approaches. They have the proven ability to partner with C-suite and other senior leaders to deliver on committed business targets and to positively influence the operating results at current and previous companies. They are highly entrepreneurial and comfortable in providing strategic direction as well as the ability to roll-up their sleeves and execute.
• At least 10 years of in-house or agency communications positions in growth environments and/or undergoing transformation. Preferred industries include professional sports leagues/teams, consumer technology, entertainment, and/or media
• Experience across a broad range of corporate communications functions, including internal and external communications, speakers' bureau and partnership with corporate development, finance and investor relations
• Personal presence, gravitas, great interpersonal skills demonstrated through working cross-functionally with key global stakeholders, partnering on communication requirements and providing them with strategic advice and counsel
• Cultural sensitivity to work well with a diverse group of colleagues; effective at Board levels as well as with investors and advisers communicating a passion and absolute conviction in the company's mission and for the business
• Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias for action and results while working effectively in an innovative, unstructured environment that values collaboration without ego. Operates at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence
• Outstanding leadership skills and keen judgment with a history of developing world class teams and reputation for working well with a diverse group of colleagues
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding organization and project management skills, with ability to see big picture and have attention to meticulous detail
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82jp9-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.