Contract Term: Fixed Term – 11 months
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we're continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Provide Executive Assistant support to 3 leaders in the AB go-to-market team in our London Soho office. This is a high-profile assignment and demands an awesome EA that will embrace our values and ideals.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
• Understanding and awareness of the leaders' needs & priorities to ensure daily operations run smoothly.
• Review correspondence and arrange meetings, locally and in multiple time zones.
• Maintain complex schedules and do so with tremendous attention to detail. Duties include: scheduling and monitoring complex meetings, flagging conflicts, and proactively reviewing calendars to anticipate conflicts and coordinate rescheduling.
• Manage domestic and international travel logistics
• Handle all communications with confidentiality and accuracy, ensuring that messages are redirected appropriately and communications are tracked accordingly.
• Compile meeting follow-up and actions items as necessary.
• Maintain contact database and filing system.
• Design and implement efficient office procedures coordinating with other EA's and Admin Assistants as necessary.
• Collaborate with other company executives and manage relationship with outside vendors as well as internal resources.
• Event planner for Corporate Events and Team meetings; explore and select appropriate venues, review contracts for accuracy, negotiate fair cost, food and beverage selection, audio/visual needs, maintain relationship with venue staff & vendors.
• Organise induction schedules for new employees and trip schedules for International executives visiting the Sydney Office.
• Ad-hoc assignments and ongoing projects, with many requiring specific use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel or Visio.
• Administer the processing and payment of expense reports using Oracle for VP and Senior Leadership Team.
• Budget Tracking for Travel & Events, Learning & Development, Donations and the Reconciliation of AMEX charges.
• Maintain Organisational Charts using Visio
• 4+ years' experience supporting Executive Level Leaders preferably in a highly dynamic entertainment environment or other high-touch, heavy-volume industry
• A Degree level Education (preferred) Business or Communications Degrees but relevant experience considered
• Proven ability to provide confidentiality and discretion
• Experience in Travel & Event management (both Internal and external)
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently and work well under pressure required
• Flexible and possess the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Most importantly must be a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious - a team player and a strong support advocate.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Activision's Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roomp2-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.