Activision Blizzard Esports' Call of Duty League and Overwatch League events team is looking for an experienced events manager with applied skills to conceptualize, develop, plan, lead, and fully execute a variety of multifaceted esports events.
This events manager will have the creative, communication, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, plan, and execute intimate to massive events. Their creative problem-solving skills must be stellar, they must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume, fast-pace workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations. Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
From large-scale multiday competition events across the globe, to smaller scale productions and shows throughout the year, you will bring best-in-class event planning, production, operations, and logistics expertise to the fore, and set a world class tone for the Call of Duty League and the Overwatch League. You are a highly collaborative leader, thrive in high-stakes, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments, and influence multiple stakeholders by skillfully gathering, analyzing, distilling, and actioning critical information.
• Comprehensively manage all details of League event production, including conceptualizing, designing, and planning (events briefs, milestone and production schedules, venue selection, logistics, vendor selection, etc.)
• Work hand-in-hand with various internal departments including Broadcast, IT, Competition Operations, Partnerships, Business Operations, Marketing, and PR to skillfully gather and distill goals, expectations, and requirements.
• Support League franchises by creating clear, organized documentation and League communications on event production.
• Support event budget development, management, and reconciliation. This includes partnering with the Legal and Accounts Payable teams to manage the contracting and payment process for vendors – from quote to contract to final payment.
• Establish clear event success criteria and KPIs that drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
• Create and distribute event materials including, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event-related deliverables.
• Create and maintain event documentation.
• Partner with department leads to create and implement detailed event requirements, production guidelines, and roles and responsibilities.
• Identify, evaluate, and manage vendors that share Blizzard's expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence. Take the time to develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with these vendors throughout their time working with the Leagues.
• Liaise with production partners and team franchises to ensure all event requirements are met.
• Manage projects ensuring that all events are executed at the highest quality.
• Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
• Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
• Develop individual goals that are measurable and tie into overall team and company goals and initiatives.
• 7+ years' experience in event planning and production
• 3+ years' experience in an events management position
• Experience planning events for 3,000+ attendees
• Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
• Experience in personnel and/or resource management
• Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
• Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
• Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
• Experience with event broadcast in its various forms
• Experience with vendor management and payments
• Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
• Ability to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
• Ability to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations
• Solid proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Travel required
• Experience in esports, sports, or entertainment
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Visio
Required Application Materials:
• Cover Letter which should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Activision Blizzard
• Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events.
Activision Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoexn-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.