Remote / Virtual
Tools Development Intern
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Activision Central Tech provides software tools and build infrastructure technologies for several Activision studios, like Sledgehammer Games, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward for hit AAA franchises like Call of Duty.
The Vancouver studio is part of a global team headed up from Los Angeles and is housed with Demonware which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
We are a technology-driven company with a commitment to openness. This means collaborating to solve problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
TO BE CONSIDERED,
Please complete our Codility assessment: https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Internship-2022/
• Help to develop new features and improvements for our world editing tool.
• Working with artists and developers on forward facing art tools and features.
• Fixing and improving current world editor features.
• Working on UI related improvements, bugs, and enhancements.
• Working with GPU pipelines and shaders.
• Working on quality-of-life requests and bugs.
• 8-month work term preferred
• Excellent programming skills
• Working knowledge of Modern C and C++.
• Completed an entry level Computer Graphics course
• A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures
• Excellent debugging and analytical skills
• Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions
• Be familiar with source control (Perforce preferred)
• Familiarity with UI frameworks such as Qt or .NET is a plus
• Basic knowledge/experience with DX11 or DX12.
• Good understanding/experience with modern GPU pipelines
• Worked on a graphics application or game
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and reliable. They should be able to clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English and be comfortable working remotely with support via Zoom and Slack.
Please list any additional experience you have with C/C++ at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any interesting school assignments you worked on, any open source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
How to Apply
You can apply directly through your Coop office or directly apply at demonware.net
If you are not applying through your school program, please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts.
As part of the application process, you will need to complete an online coding challenge.
Once you have completed the challenge, our hiring teams will review your results and your application documents.
Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 130 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge.
Demonware Internship Challenge 2022:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zxvx-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.