Intern - Technical Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Riot's Data Engineers build tools to understand and improve the experience of our players worldwide using petabytes of data and state-of-the-art processing technology. Handling the potential these data offer is a tremendous and complex task. As we continue delivering and scaling content to passionate players, our discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on building data products that support our growth.
• Collaborate with game, web, and services engineers to design and instrument telemetry libraries and frameworks.
• Design and implement data models by working with data scientists and insights analysts to unlock efficient game-specific analytics and cross-game insights.
• Oversee data content, ensuring clean and sustainable pipelines to achieve the most accurate and timely data possible.
• Build and own infrastructure for moving and processing data at Riot scale.
• Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
• Returning for at least one more term following the internship
• Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
• Authorized to work in the US
• Comfortable programming in Python or Java
• Understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Familiarity with cloud computing basics on AWS (EC2, S3)
• Experience working with Linux operating systems
• Understanding of distributed systems and concurrent programming.
• Experience with related data processing and storage systems (Spark, Flink, Hive, S3, Vertica, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Dynamo, Avro, Parquet)
• Experience with related data pipelining tools (Airflow, Luigi)
• Experience in Scala, C++, or Golang
• Experience deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) using containers (Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes)
Applications close October 31st 11:59PM PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1z7v-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.