Audio Research Intern
Epic Games is on the lookout for dynamic interns to join our dev teams in 2024. Whether you work on Fortnite, Unreal Engine, or any of our other games, products, and services, you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of interactive entertainment.
Our Interns are given challenging projects throughout the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
As an Audio Research Intern on the Unreal Engine (UE) Audio Team you'll be joining a team of audio programming experts working at the forefront of interactive real-time audio. The team is responsible for the suite of audio tools inside UE5, and are uniquely positioned to get novel audio tools into the hands of artists and sound designers. Unlike many traditional audio technology companies, audio tech introduced into the Unreal Engine can be utilized almost immediately by our first party games such as Fortnite or by external licensees.
In this role, you will
• This position focuses on applied research in the field of real-time interactive audio and music in games and virtual spaces.
• Interns will work with the members of the UE Audio team to develop a research project which is applicable to the intern's interests and the interests of the UE Audio team.
• The UE Audio team will advise continuously throughout the internship and the intern will present their work internally at Epic at the end of the internship with the goal of having a working prototype.
What we're looking for
• Experience with C++ or Python
• Experience with audio digital signal processing
• Experience with real-time interactive audio
• Ability to perform self directed research
• Existing Audio Research
• Experience with UE5
• Experience in a domain-specific language or environment for audio
This internship has a flexible start date in 2024. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the posting location for the duration of the internship. For more information about Epic's Early Career Program, visit epicgames.com/earlycareers.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv21ww-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.