Intern - Software Development
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed. We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
• Working with Quality Verification analysts to identify areas of improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
• Build, test, and deploy automated solutions to support game project deliverables.
• Support an increased adoption of automation within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new automation.
• Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
• Providing debug support and technical expertise to QV teams and game software engineers.
• Participating in knowledge sharing sessions and increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
• Risk analysis of new features – impact and scope.
• Assist with prioritizing bug fixing efforts and areas of test focus.
• White box testing.
• Proactively contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
• Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
• Proactively analyze metrics, trends and test processes to provide meaningful statistics with sound reasoning.
• Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent.
• Experience with a focus on concepts, language varieties. Experience with C# and/or Java. C++ experience is also an asset.
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
• Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
• An understanding of Machine Learning concepts is an asset
• Scripting experience with Python, Perl, PHP, or Lua an asset.
• Preferred knowledge in gaming consoles or embedded systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of technical writing concepts is an asset.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail oriented.
• Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
• Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change and strives for it if it is for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and possibly fail.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.