Intern - League Operations
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionLeague Operations Intern
Redwood City, Ca'/Remote
The Competitive Gaming Entertainment organization (CGE) is built around creating highly engaging competitive programs that aim to make stars of all our players. CGE is building exciting events and content, creating fans, building viewership, creating overall loyalty, and determining the right monetization approaches and delivery.
The Apex CGE team is building a team to drive competitive gaming for Apex Legends' esports events globally. We are looking for passionate, determined, and humble individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. Together we will inspire the world to play competitively and make stars of all our players.
As a Summer League Operations Intern, you'll contribute to essential projects to shape the success of Apex Legends competitive gaming. Your collaborative mindset will strengthen the relationship between players and the Apex Legends CGE team, and you'll join a tightly integrated team that crafts strategies to grow the business and focus on what drives player and viewer engagement.
• Assist the League Operations team with the day-to-day operation of our competitions
• Respond directly to ALGS players and teams support inquiries
• Work closely with the Player Engagement Manager to gather feedback from players on all aspects of the ALGS competitive experience and conduct and analyze player surveys to provide insights and recommendations for improvement
• Prepare comprehensive feedback reports, identifying trends and areas of concern
• Independently research and participate in group research around the discovery of growth areas that lead to insights and recommendations on product features to be pitched to the Apex CGE
• Foster strong relationships with several of our internal cross-functioning teams, such as Marketing, Global Analytics, Legal, Events, Competitive Gaming Operations, and Web
• Final Project: Prepare and present a competitive analysis of several leading esports programs that will improve awareness inside of the Apex CGE as well as provide opportunities to implement best practices based on learnings
• Esports experience (paid or volunteer) in community management, player relations, tournament organization, or as a current or former competitor
• A passion for Apex Legends and other esports titles
• Curiosity around competitive tournament and ecosystem design challenges, matched with a creative and forward-thinking approach to solving them
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable with presenting data-driven insights
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize tasks and projects
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.