Intern - Software Development - World Building Tool
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea, to reality. We're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, and creativity through fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
• Must be self motivated and hungry to learn how games are made in a production environment with a desire to push their skills to new highs.
• Work collaboratively in a remote environment (for now) with art, tech art and level design groups.
• Must be able to receive critical feedback and act on it as part of an iterative process.
• Translate given reference into realistic looking 3D game world assets.
• Work within given poly & texture budgets while maintaining a high visual quality bar.
• Working towards a Bachelors Degree in a related field
• Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
• Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Unreal/ Unity or similar game engine
• • Bonus: zBrush, Substance Designer
• Have a portfolio that showcases a solid understanding of artistic principles.
• • Portfolio must show examples of high quality asset creation -including surfacing- with wireframe and material breakdowns. - Examples of urban asset creation is a significant plus.
• Portfolio must have examples of world building/ set dressing with wireframe breakdowns.
• Familiar with current asset creation techniques including high to low poly texture baking and PBR material authoring.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.