DICE: Development Director (Art)
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming to provide daily production leadership to the team(s).The Development Director manages project and feature planning, balancing scope with capacity, managing resources, tracking progress, implementing processes, mentoring people and managing risks and mitigation. You are a master of content pipelines. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to facilitate them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
What skills does DICE look for?
You are passionate about managing creative teams. You have 5+ years working as a project manager; 3+ years of experience working in a AAA game development (extra credit if you have experience in Live Services); you have experience managing internal content teams and working with vendors; you have success as a mediator and have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always knows the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of art production and how to manage them.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
• Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
• Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
• Tools, e.g. Shotgun, Jira, HanSoft, Word, Excel (can maintain and create complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, or similar.
Work task examples
• Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
• Scope and Capacity Management across internal and external teams
• Track and communicate project status
• Create scenarios and guide the decision-making process
• Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
• Identify delivery risks and mitigation plans
• Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
• Create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve process to support the team
• Guide current processes to encourage innovation and improvements
• Document and share what we learn with the team and studio
Communication and Collaboration
• Drive and document meetings
• Ensure the teams have all the necessary information to do their job
• Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
• Manage communication with project leaders
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees' with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at DICE.
We look forward to receiving your application!
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining ''Why I want to work at DICE''.