Software Engineer Tools
DICE: Development Director (Online)
As the Online Development Director, you will manage project and feature planning, implement and improve our processes, mentor our people and manage risks for the Online engineering team. Reporting into a Senior Development Director, you will work with the Online Technical Director and game Producers to guide decisions within your team - presenting practical and creative options to solve project challenges.
A Development Director at DICE is also a leader of team culture and engagement – finding the right balance between delivering excellent products and caring for our team's health and well-being.
What skills does DICE look for?
You have 5+ years working as a project manager; preferably within the Tech industry. You are passionate about efficient projects and processes supporting great products. You have experience in creating and maintaining well functioning teams. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
• Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
• Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
• Manage multiple requirements from different teams
• Tools, e.g. Jira, Hansoft, Microsoft and Google products.
• Manage planning in different stages of development (design, production, live service)
• Scope and Capacity Management across different products
• Track and communicate project status
• Identify and manage risks within the project
• Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
• Inspire and align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
• Provide support and mentorship to your team members
• Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
• Create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve process to support the team
• Guide current processes to encourage innovation and improvements
• Document and share what we learn with the team and studio
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance.
We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees' with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working at DICE, we value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Apply online with a combined CV and cover letter in English. We look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site