Sony Pictures Imageworks
Cinematic Artist, Capture - Marcom (12-month Contract)
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
As a Cinematic Artist, you will work alongside a team of creative artists and directors to help capture The Sims 4 gameplay content (video and static) for marketing, social, internal, and occasionally in-game use.
This candidate will have a technical aptitude in regard to technology used in game development (internal tools, debug command interfaces, and game engines) and critical problem-solving skills.
The candidate will also possess strong art fundamentals and use of camera language to invoke creative storytelling. You will be responsible for adhering to our brand bible and best practices while given the freedom to create characters and assets to deliver content on brief and on-time. You will be expected to operate with varying degrees of autonomy, from working in a team to tackling a project all on your own. Interpretation and visualization of a sequence from a shot list is also helpful.
• Create customized characters in game.
• Build in-game interior and exterior sets.
• Capture in-game videos for trailers, social media assets and other uses as requested.
• Capture screenshots.
• Creating GIFs from captured footage.
The next great Cinematic Artist needs:
• Experience with video/film content creation
• Strong sense of composition, cinematography, color, and lighting.
• Passion for games and creating video content.
• Strong program skills / Ability to learn
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to learn video game debug systems.
• Quick to adapt to company proprietary software.
• Excellent written & verbal Communication Skills
• Great attention to detail.
• Welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently.
• Flexibility and self-driven.
• Ability to work to designated deadlines & communicates progress when necessary.
• A motivated self-starter with a desire to contribute & improve.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience and passion for The Sims 4 and familiarity with game authoring software (Unreal) but not necessary.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site